- The Cashmere Downs area has been explored over time at various levels for Nickel, Gold and Base Metals.
- Post World War II, exploration was principally for Nickel with interest from the International Nickel Corporation and Australian Anglo American Ltd.
- In the last 6 years, there has been a significant shift to exploration for Iron Ore.
- A cohesive structural model has been established for the area, which allows for better interpretation of the geology.
- The Geological Survey of WA has completed comprehensive mapping at 1:100,000 scale and regional Aeromagnetics have been generated at 400m line spacing over the wider area.